Saturday, August 14, 2010

the plague

So I may be slightly over-dramatizing, but I think we were hit with the plague this past couple of weeks. In my last post I think I mentioned Oscar's croup and my fever. After that, right as I thought both of us were getting better, I lost my voice just about completely and Oscar got his own fever. We took him into the IHA after-hours clinic on a Sunday and I attempted to croak out to the doctor what was up with him (I'm sure we were everyone's favorite family in the waiting room...2 out of 3 people looking and sounding not so good). It looked as though he may have a very slight ear infection, and the poor guy also had some sort of hand, foot, and mouth disease, also known as herpangina. It caused some uncomfortable looking blisters and redness in his throat :( So he's on Tylenol and antibiotics, and the nurse informed me that she thought I probably had a virus which meant that there wasn't much to be done for me.

Since then, in the past week or so, my voice has come back and given way to a much worse cold (so gross...there's just so. much. mucus.) Oscar has been getting steadily better, although he still has some congestion going on. It's really funny when a mama who can't breathe out of either of her nostrils is trying to keep her kid from blowing bubbles out of his own nose. Anyways, now that everyone is thoroughly grossed-out I'll report that now it FINALLY looks like we may really be on the mend. Fingers crossed.

To make things even better (please note the sarcasm) Joey was gone for three days this week in gorgeous Santa Barbara. He was getting wooed by some AFM companies since he has to buy a very expensive piece of equipment for his new lab. He missed us, we missed him, but hopefully his being gone will keep him from the worst of the Wallace family illnesses. Oscar and I stayed at my mom's, who was very generous considering she was housing two sickies and our crazy dog. Needless to say, we survived, we're home now, and planning for our upcoming move. Oh, and sorry, but I don't have any photos to post right now. We're taking his 5 month pictures tomorrow (a week late) and I'll post a couple of those very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment