Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1st visit to see Daddy (also: 1st Football Saturday)

This past weekend Oscar and I took our first trip to Indy to see Joey since he officially moved down there and I officially didn't. Yet. It was both fantastic and not-so-fantastic at the same time:

Fantastic:
1. SEEING JOEY
2. Seeing Lucy
3. Hanging out in our mostly-put-together new home in our new city
4. Discovering fun stuff and places (see more about that later)
5. Buying a new dining room table :)

Not-so-fantastic:
1. LEAVING WITHOUT JOEY
2. Leaving Lucy (and seeing her get sad and mopey the morning I left)
3. Oscar getting yet another fever :(
4. Feeling at home, and then realizing I still had to come back to work

So, onto the fun stuff. I got to see Joey's new office (awesome!) and his new lab (super awesome!) and marvel at his sweet parking pass that allows him to park EVERYWHERE. We went to Rib America, a BBQ festival on IUPUI's campus, and I managed to eat pulled pork, brisket, and ribs--all while wearing Oscar in a carrier on the front of me and not even dripping a bit of sauce on his head. We also went to an adorable Indie handmade store called Homespun and talked to the shop owner for a long time about things like good city neighborhoods, cloth diapers, indie handmade festivals, etc. Joey commented after we left that I had found "my people" :) We briefly explored the Keystone Fashion Mall, made the mistake of walking into Restoration Hardware, and bought a dining room table. We watched both Georgia Tech and Michigan win their games, got a little emotional hearing the U of M fight song, and took lots of pics of Daddy holding Oscar while watching his first game. As for O-man's fever, he's doing OK--we went to the IHA after hours clinic as soon as we got back to A2 and discovered that he's got another ear infection. So, back to the antibiotics.

Whew. Now back to real life. Not seeing Joey again for a couple of weeks, since he has a bachelor party to attend next weekend. Also apologies for not attaching photos. I'm still in the midst of trying to get my photo storage stuff organized and I just recently found and brought back my camera cable from Indy. I promise more pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment