Saturday, September 11, 2010

nothing exciting...

I wanted to update, but realized that we don't have much exciting going on here...which is actually really nice after the crazy month we had getting all of our moving done. I really, really miss Joey (and Lucy), but I'm having a great time getting to hang out with my family and I'm trying to enjoy these last few weeks in my hometown before moving on.

I'm participating in a digital photography workshop right now. Despite lots of photo experience thanks to the photography part of my major in undergrad, I'm still experimenting with my DSLR. Having not picked up one of my 35mm or medium format film cameras in a while it's been some time since I've really experimented with aperture, shutter speed, and all of that fun stuff. Despite already knowing how these things work, I figured that a nice, relaxed and low pressure online workshop would motivate me to get shooting (and more than anything, really thinking about my shots). I'm including some photos I've taken for the class below: a supercute one of Oscar at bathtime, and a photo that tries to capture the dishes I do most nights for his bottles, etc.

Tomorrow my mom and I will be trying our hand at making rice cereal for him, and hopefully I'll get some good pictures of that :) Also, my new computer has finally arrived, and it'll be much easier for me to upload all of my pictures and get things organized after Joey and I wipe it and reinstall the operating system. He'll be up in A2 next weekend, so hopefully we'll have time to do it then and I can get back to posting more pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment