Saturday, January 30, 2010

34 weeks, oh those hormones


Yes, I'm a slacker. I finally got around to taking new pics and posting again--sorry it took me so long. Here's a shot of me at (almost) 34 weeks. Technically my actual 34 week mark is this Monday (2 days away), but close enough. I actually got the motivation after watching The Invention of Lying on DirecTV. The movie and the motivation are entirely unrelated, but if I look a little red around the eyes in the photo it's because i cried like a baby during a couple of parts in the movie. No, it's not really sad at all, and it's also not very moving--although I did enjoy watching it. I'm blaming all those hormones coursing through my body...can't find any other explanation.

Joey and I also went to another baby class today: Newborn Care 101. While I knew much of what was taught (thanks mostly to my nanny gig years ago + all of my fabulous nephews and nieces), it was a nice class and we definitely learned some new stuff. At the very least I now have a lovely handout with color photos depicting the many different shades and consistencies of baby poo. Great tool for banishing any nagging hunger, although it comes with the minor side effect of nausea. We now only have one class left next week on breastfeeding. Then I have a few weeks to finish up work, by which time I'm sure I'll be screaming to get this pregnancy thing over with--at which point I'll realize that I have AT LEAST 2 weeks left. Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment