Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Showers of Babies (or something like that)

It's hard to believe, but I'm just past 35 weeks now--on Monday I'll officially be only 4 weeks away from my due date, and 2 weeks away from being 'full term.' Insanity.

I'm definitely a lot less comfortable now. More heartburn, lots of appetite but not much room to store food, sore back and tummy (that part right at the top of my belly under my chest feels kind of like a bruise). Sleeping has been challenging, what with the frequent pee breaks and difficulty finding a position that doesn't hurt either my back or my belly--even with the help of a maternity pillow. But all in all I've heard of much worse. I should probably count myself as lucky since I don't have much icky nausea, pelvic joint pain, any braxton hicks contractions to speak of, or yucky itchy rashes (all of which I've heard of in several other women).

I'm also feeling particularly lucky these days thanks to the absolutely awesome outpouring of support and love I received during my fabulous TWO baby showers! I had some really wonderful friends from work throw me a small gathering last week, and my family and family friends got together at my dad and stepmom's house last weekend for a really lovely party. The sheer amount of stuff that we received was incredible and really overwhelming (in a good way, of course), and it was so fun to have everyone get together to celebrate. Normally I'm a little nervous at showers due to the weird feeling of being the center of attention, not to mention the opening of gifts one by one in front of an audience is somewhat strange to me. These showers were awesome, though, with a minimum of pressure and lots of fun. Thank you so much to those who hosted and attended--I really had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment